Livestock and Natural Resources
The Livestock and Natural Resources programs at the UF/IFAS Lake County Extension office provide educational assistance to farmers and ranchers, both large and small, throughout the county. Information on upcoming programs and events can be found on the UF/IFAS Lake County Extension front page.
Unbiased, research-based information is available for a variety of livestock raised in Lake County, ranging from cattle and poultry, to fish and honey bees.
- Florida Cow Calf Management Handbook
- Beef Cattle Nutrition
- Beef Cattle Reproduction and Genetics
- Improving the Productivity of Beef Heifers in Florida
- Factors That Affect Calf Selling Price
- Florida Cattle Identification - Final Rules
- Backyard Poultry Production
- Commerical Poultry Production
- Limited Poultry and Egg Farm Operation Permit
Fact Sheets and Presentations
About the Agent
Megan Brew, M.S.
Meg is a native Floridian with roots in cattle, cotton, and peanut production. She holds a B.S. degree in Animal Science and a M.S. in Animal Nurtution. Her Masters research focused on water intake in growing beef cattle. Meg enjoys helping farmers and ranchers discover new ways to mitigate risks and improvve their productivity. To schedule an onsite farm visit with Meg please contact her at email@example.com.