Storm Preparation Tips
- Make sure that you have enough food, water and paper supplies to last at least 3 days.
- If buying canned entrees, purchase shelf stable foods in sizes for each meal so that you don't have leftovers.
- A full refrigerator and freezer stays cool longer than a partially full one. Fill empty spaces with bags or frozen containers of ice. They can also be a source of water if needed.
Popular Handouts from Food Preparation Classes
- Aim for a Healthy Weight
- Healthy Eating Information
- Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure
- Home Food Preservation
- Recipes for Florida Foods
- Spend Smart, Eat Smart
- UF Health and Nutrition Publications
- USDA Nutrient Database